Monday, July 26, 2004

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today was my birthday! Yay! I turned 23! I didn't do anything super special because I ended up getting super drunk on friday. Instead, today I just took it easy. At work we usually shut down at 3:30 and gather around and drink tea. It's a tradition that when it's your birthday, you supply the cake. I ended up bringing raspberry pie for everyone from Rockaberry. Rockaberry is the coffee/pie place I used to work at before attending McGill. Their pies are amazing, especially their apple pie, but their service sucks. I don't even like raspberry but I figured why not make others happy. After work I went to Ben and Jerry's with my friend Nadine and she treated me to a milk shake. I got chocolate chip cookie dough. It was so good. AFterwards, I met up with some family. It turns out one of my cousins who lives in Stanford, Conneticut, participated in the Iron Man triathalon race this past weekend. He placed 300 out of 1800 participants. Since he, his wife and baby girl were so close to Montreal, they came to visit and in turn we had a tiny cousins reunion. It was fun because it happened to fall on my birthday. We went to one of my cousin's house and ordered pizza. It was good to see everyone again. Afterwards, you guessed it, my brother took me to Ben and Jerry's and treated me to ice cream. Seems that ice cream is a popular present these days. I didn't get anything out of the ordinary for my birthday except money but I don't expect anything anyways. Just having fun with my friends and family is all I ask for.
The craziest story I have related to my birthday has got to be the fact that I was born Sunday, July 26th, 1981 at 6:45 am. 1 year exactly on Sunday, July 25th, 1982 at 6:45 am my grandfather (mother's father) was pronounced dead (he was ill). My mom has always believed that I was born in time to replace him since his time was coming short (because he was old, not that he deserved to die or anything...). Well, I guess it just goes down from here with age...

No comments: