Sunday, August 15, 2004

Is Budman The New Mascot for Michelan?

I've been out of commision since wednesday. I got my wisdom teeth pulled out. Two of them were impacted (lying sideways under my gums) so the doctor had to drill at them to break them up and make it easier to remove. I wasn't given a general anastetic. Imstead, my dentist gave me a sedative to make me feel 'happy'. The whole thing went relly quick in my mind. It felt like 5 minutes to get the first 2 teeth out and I remember glancing at my watch and realizing an hour had passed. Then I remember the dentist telling me that I was a really good patient and I remember laughing a lot. Shortly after he said I was a good patient, he said maybe 5 or 6 times to open my mouth because I was starting to fall asleep. Finally, when it was done, my mom showed up and I was brought into a room and had to lie down. The dentist then explained what I have to do to my mouth now that the procedure was over. I don't remember a thing he told me, and apperently, acording ot my mom, I told her I felt like I was stoned. Luckily, I was given a card telling me what to do. I had to put ice on my face to reduce the swelling that would happen, drink 10 glasses of water a day and tince my mouth 10 times a day with salt water. I was also given antibiotics and pain killers. I havn't needed to take many of the pain killers but on the couple of occasions that I did, I totally passed out at one point subsequent to taking them. I havn't had much pain over the past few days and the swelling has gone down, but for fun I documented the progress of my face getting bloated. Since I'm skinney, it doesn't look that bad, and one of my friends told me that now I look "normal". I still like my face the way it was... I havn't done much since I've been home and off work except rest, watch a few movies on t.v. and play Leisure Suit Larry games! Remember those? They were a series of games where you are a dirty old man who gets lots of hot women. The game itself is an adventure/puzzle game where you walk around and have to click on things and find items in order to continue the story and reach the end. Thursday I need to see the dentist again and hopefully by then I'll be good as new and will start drinking again thursday night!

No comments: