Thursday, February 08, 2007

Job seeking looking up... way up

Today I had an interview for a graphic design job at Joseph Ribkiff (designer womens clothing).
In typical budman fashion, I had to print my portfolio (yet again, this happened last time) the DAY of the interview. This time however, I didn't even have time to eat breakfast. Last time I printed my portfolio it cost me 50$ because I got charged each time they had to open a file. They suggested the next time I put it all in a PDF file and that way I only get charged once for the open fee. So I did and it was cheaper. Yay! But all the prints came out with slightly different colors due to the program. Fuck! ("Oh! I like it much better that you changed the background from purple to blue" "Wait... I didn't change the backgr... WTF?!?"). Thankfully no one that looks at them would realize those are different colors so I'm in the clear.

I made there at 9:52 with my interview at 10:00am. I realized when I parked I forgot the person who I needed to meet's name. After screaming on the phone at my mom to turn on my computer and find it, I was all set. I run inside, and a couple of people walk by from both directions, one with a bunch of clothes. Reminded me a tad of "the Devil Wears Prada, but not as crazy.

After rushing in and being told that I had to wait, I put my coat in the closet and sit down. I look around and realize, Amélie, my former classmate and friend has been waiting there the whole time. She had an interview after mine.

The whole interview was 15 minutes. I met with the person, sat down, got asked to explain myself, she flipped through my portfolio faster than 747 jet, explained to me that they need someone to make layouts and work with photos on all kinds of jobs and finished with the fact that she'll need to try me out for a little "test". At most I'll be given a logo and a picture and text and just need to make a small poster or something.

So I'll just wait and see

No comments: