Saturday, May 22, 2004

BYOBB - Bring Your Own Beer for Budman

Last night I threw a party at the apartment. I didn't really want to but some friends at work were bugging me to do so. Then when I sent off an e-mail they were all "oh we were just kidding about that". Well, they all got their wish, and it was the coolest party ever in the history of parties! (or at least of parties thrown by me, being my second only). I decorated the apartment a little with red streamers. 20 people showed up and everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves. It was mostly people from McGill Improv and a few people from work and chemistry. There was a conference that Marianna went to the day before and brought 2 girls from some university in Boston called TUFTS, I think, it took the one I was talking to a long time to get that into my head. She seemed really cool but couldn't believe that I didn't know that California is located at the west coast of the United States. I'm really bad at geography. I don't even know canadian geography well, I always fell aslep in that class during high school. At 1:30am everyone left and a few of us got to Peel Pub. By this time I was pretty loaded. I don't drink much but I had about 3 nice glasses of gin and tonic. I had less than him, but Glen and I shared a 20 oz. bottle of gin and we finished it before hitting the bar. All I remember about Peel Pub was we ordered a giant pitcher of beer, I sang a lot to the songs, Greg threw some glasses at the concrete walls because we were given too many, and one of the girls with us got pissed because Greg spilled beer on her by accident (or on purpose, I'll never know). When I got back to the apartment, I just jumped into bed and slept in until 1:30pm. I didn't feel sick when I woke up, no hangover, but I could ahve sworn I still felt drunk but that made no sense. The apartment wasn't that messy but it still took me 2 hours to clean up. Ah, the downfalls of having a party with no one crashing over. Well since I plan on having a party every week (I'm sure Andrew won't mind), I left all the decorations up and the fridge is still full with beer. Hoozah!

No comments: