Friday, January 13, 2006

Two Down, 3 More To Go

After a day off from school already (I have no class on tuesdays) I was back at Interdec on wednesday which will be my busiest day in the future. I'm supposed to have 3 classes in a row from 8am to 6:30pm with a 30 minute break between the first two, but the teacher for the middle class broke her leg so it was cancelled this week.

My first class was Basic Design. It's an intro to design techniques using Illustrator. I think it's going to be a wicked class because it's using a lot of the computer. For the first class, we just went over some basic stuff that I already knew from learning on my own. However, I got to learn a few shortcuts which will prove very usefull in the future. Eventually we'll be doing cool projects including making up logos as well as wicked patterns. I can't wait.

The second class I had yesturday was Computer Techniques. Although not as exciting as the others so far, it will be a very interesting class. Basicaly, it's learning all the theory about a computer. What is inside a computer, how to arrange folders, understand the operating system (OS 9 and OS 10 for us since we're learning on Apples), etc. We started with internet connections and whats the difference between a router and a hub. Thats abotu all we got to do before we left. Although the class is 3 hours long, the reason we didnt' get very far was because our teacher went on for about 2 hours about how tough the course will be. He said we'll be eating, drinking, breathing and swimming in Graphic Design. If we have a girlfriend or boyfriend, we won't anymore because we'll never be seeing them. So if one day I just disappear, know that I am still alive! I will be using this blog as a communication device to the world.

A cool thing at the end of that class, though, was that the prof told us we should do at least 2 to 3 tutorials a week to learn a lot of different tricks and techniques. He recommended I check out pslover.com. I checked it out and it is really cool.

No comments: